Job Opening: Housekeeper at the Home for Cooperation!
The Home for Cooperation in Nicosia invites applications for a Housekeeper to be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing Home for Cooperation building:
Position: H4C Housekeeper
Reports To: H4C Manager
Working Hours: 40 Hours/Week (Full-time),
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.00-16.00 & Wednesday, Saturday 8.00-12.00
Salary: €921 . 91 Gross Salary
Start date: 15th November 2018
Application deadline: 29th October 2018
Send CV and in English to email@example.com
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary: The Housekeeper will be responsible for the day to day cleaning of the H4C. As part of a dynamic and high-performing team, the Housekeeper will carry out general cleaning duties, while also being responsible for specific duties. His/her responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Make sure all areas of the assigned building (inside and outside) are clean, neat, tidy and sanitary.
- General responsibilities include vacuum, dust, mop and buff floors, clean interior and exterior windows and blinds, move furniture, sanitize restrooms, collect and sort recyclables, and perform special cleaning projects.
- Perform various cleaning tasks such as replenish paper supplies and soap in toilets, clean woodwork and baseboards, shift furniture to clean area, make minor repairs and report other repairs (replace light bulbs, etc.)
- To clean and maintain tools and equipment after use.
- Apply workplace safety techniques while completing daily duties which may include mixing and use of chemicals.
- Assist in setting-up tables and chairs as needed.
- Vacuum carpets
- To collect and dispose of trash, recyclables and other wastes.
- As directed, spray and fumigate for insects, such as bees, ants, etc.
- To observe and report unusual situations on property and grounds. To report on safety issues and the need for maintenance repairs
- Garden maintenance and watering.
- To receive and stock supplies in appropriate areas.
- Perform related duties as required to maintain a healthy environment.
- Greet guests and take care of requests by resident NGOs
- Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings
- Assist in the cleaning of the cafe kitchen after lunch hours
Additional Duties and Responsibilities may also include:
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 20-30kg. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional demeanor, clear communication and appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
- Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience as Housekeeper required
- Must be able to work weekends.
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- Paying attention to the smallest details
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions in English or Greek or Turkish