Position: Communications Officer
Reports To: Home for Cooperation Director
Working Hours: 40 Hours/Week (full-time)
Salary: €1,100 Gross Salary
Start date: 27th June 2016
Application deadline: 31st May 2016
Send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Home for Cooperation (H4C) continues in its pursuit of a vision to be “agora” of cooperation, dialogue and solidarity.
More specifically the main priorities of H4C are:
- To engage individuals, formal and non-formal groups, from all walks of life from all communities in Cyprus promoting the vision of the H4C
- To promote a society based on equality without segregations
- To initiate a safe space where human dignity is respected
- To nurture a culture of peace, non-violence and reconciliation
- To inspire for change
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Communications Officer will execute the overall communication strategy of the Home for Cooperation as guided by and in cooperation with his/her director. The main responsibility is to ensure that all programs are communicated in the most effective way to the Greek and Turkish Cypriot communities. As part of the Home team the Communication Officer will be responsible for building a new network of partners, including media contacts; as well as actively support the breadth of activities and services being organised and hosted at the Home e.g.
- Perfect verbal and written English and Turkish
- public debates, local &international conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings, exhibitions, receptions
- culture, literacy, artistic events
- support the provision of office space to like-minded organisations and individuals
- support the provision of meeting spaces
- support parallel, independent activities and collaborations
- communicate effectively for the needs of The Home Café and Home Library
- support the provision of bike rentals and organized tours
His/her activities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Collaboration with his/her director in delivering the strategic planning based on the budget allocation of the outreach initiatives.
- Handle press, visits, and public relations in consultation with the director and Governing Board of the Home.
- Make new partnerships and create new opportunities through network and program planning together with Program Officer and director.
- Ensure successful dissemination of all programs across all stakeholders for all functions; café, bookings, events, workshops, H4C TV, merchandise and souvenirs.
- Create a program of activities in and around the Home and produce an information pamphlet for circulation.
- Responsible for the implementation of the promotion of all internal and external events through all social media, online and offline channels of communication.
- Overseeing the organization, program and planning of events undertaking the necessary administrative functions related to the task, including budgeting procedures.
- Coordinating the timeline and communications with the relevant bodies for the continuation of the 3rd Buffer Fringe Performing Arts Festival- evaluation committees, negotiations with partners, embassies, groups, as well actively providing marketing to the highest standards.
- Work with the director and team to identify and meet with other stakeholders, key figures, media, interested individuals and organizations in order to develop areas of cooperation related to the Home
- Write all press releases, bi-monthly newsletter and blog content based on the appropriate language used by the organization. (Coordination and time management is crucial as the Communication Officer will need to seek advance help for translations in Greek/Turkish-written communications will be carried out in 3 languages.)
- Collaborate with the Program Officer on website management, content writing and web-mastering.
- Coordinate and participate in conferences, seminars, programs and networking events as necessary, to provide/obtain information or build relationships between international and Cypriot groups related to the Home for Cooperation.
- Archive and maintain a record of all communication material, media clippings.
- Prepare reports for allocated tasks according to donor guidelines.
- Develop and monitor work plan based on agreed timelines with director, always ensuring delivery of outputs is on target and of highest standards.
- Enhance the identity of the Home and its vision and values internally and externally.
- Oversee all communication tools and circulation/dissemination of communication products, newsletter, branding items, press releases, videos, blogs, merchandise and souvenirs.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out additional tasks as and when required within the course of the project, such as collecting quotes, organizing offers, provide support to other team members.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings.
- Provide support to the project team, in ensuring all H4C events taking place at the Home for Cooperation run smoothly.
- Complete the necessary personnel documentation (progress report, timesheets etc.) pertaining to his/her contract ensuring they are submitted to the Operations Officer in a timely manner.
- Carry out any additional duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.